- The great social medium to share our views, activity, in short your Life with your friends.
- New modern way to stalk crushes
- A good time pass (games, apps…)
- A medium to market yourselves
- An escape
For me, initially it was the first, but slowly, even without realizing, it turned into No. 5.
Facebook is a wonderful place which:
- Which gives me a false sense of success. I just have to update some status (which I copy from elsewhere) and presto, I get instant likes from my friends.
- Where I can know what’s on my friends’ minds (Idiotic jokes/ cheesy romantic lines/ activities like sleeping, going out which doesn’t concern me at all/their new dps).
- Lastly, which gave me a feeling that I am connected with my friends (especially with chats), which is a pure illusion.
It, for me, changed from a social networking medium to an escape, an escape from the world where to learn or gain something; you have to give effort, an escape from the world, where friendship requires understanding, not clicks, a world where appreciation is hard-earned, a world which teaches you the best of lessons in the most mean ways.
I resolved, for once, to stop taking refuge in Facebook. Made a rule: only 2 times facebook per day. The tab cannot be open for a long time and once tab is closed, it is closed.
I managed it. Now, if you attempt to follow the above rule, certain feelings may try to hoodwink you.
- Someone may have left something important for me. One word: Ha! Ha!! Analyze and think if it is actually true and moreover, I am not a spy so that if missed at that very moment, nuclear war would not start.
- I have nothing else to do: Pursue your hobby or do what you really love. That’s gonna be more fulfilling. Read a book, take a walk, listen to music, talk to a friend…
- I ‘m just taking a break: Technically, a break is supposed to bring the mind back to its maximum capacity again but a Facebook break fails to do that.
- Once a while won’t matter much: The frequency between those “whiles” decreases and your concentration ‘ka-boom’.
- I must remain updated: Updated about what? What movie he watched? Better check the news sites.
- Irritation: I just have to see it. There’s this great irritation that is caused. One advice: Just move away from computer until that passes.
Keep saying “What’s happening is good”
Today there’s no question of using facebook or not. Social networking is an integral part of our Life but we might want to remind us ourselves that we should not be like an alcoholic who drowns his sadness, fears in alcohol.
Wish you a Happy Productive Life.